FLTK Gleam Scheme
FLTK is one of my favourite software toolkits. It's fast, light, and easy to use.
What's not to love?
Unfortunately, FLTK isn't that visually appealing (for people used to gradients and drop shadows.)
FLTK Gleam is an patch for FLTK that adds a more flashy theme.
There are three versions of Gleam:
- the original version
- Version 2.0
- adds a pale outline inside of widget
- improves how Gleam looks when used with tabs and buttons.
- Version 3.0
- Curves the widget borders slightly
- Adds a gradient to the bottom of the widget, making it seem to glow
Early versions of the patch also alter the default widget colours, replacing them with colours from the beautiful Tango palette.
To build FLTK with the Gleam scheme, you need two files: a patch and fl_gleam.cxx.
- fltk_gleam-1.1.10.patch - The patch for FLTK 1.1.10 - This works with the regular FLTK tree.
- fltk_gleam.patch - The patch for FLTK 1.1.9 - This works with the 1.1.9 version of the regular FLTK tree.
- fltk_debian_gleam.patch - The patch for Debian's FLTK 1.1.9.
- fltk_1.3_gleam.patch - The patch for FLTK 1.3 (which is a development branch.
FLTK Gleam Versions
This file does the actual theming. Rename it to fl_gleam.cxx (without the version number) and copy it to the src directory of whichever FLTK version you're compiling.
- fl_gleam-1.0.cxx - The original version.
- fl_gleam-2.0.cxx - The second version, a little shinier.
- fl_gleam-3.0.cxx - The latest version, with even more gradients.
You apply the patch by copying fl_gleam.cxx to the src directory of the FLTK version you're compiling (for example, fltk-1.1.10/src/).
Then you apply the patch outside of that folder using
patch -p0 -i patchname.patch
So if you want to patch FLTK 1.1.10, what you would do is:
xentalion@silence:~/Source/Libraries/fltk-1.1.10$ cd ../ xentalion@silence:~/Source/Libraries/$ patch -p0 -i fltk_gleam-1.1.10.patch xentalion@silence:~/Source/Libraries/$ cp fl_gleam-3.cxx fltk-1.1.10/src/fl_gleam.cxx
Then build as usual.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please send me a message! You can find my contact information on my About page.